Sunday, March 29, 2009

St. Patty's Day 2009

This St. Patrick's Day was a momentous day for several reasons.  It was a beautiful, unseasonably warm afternoon (almost 80 degrees!), perfect for watching the parade downtown.  That morning, while drinking my morning OJ (coffee still makes me sick), typing an email, I felt what I swore was someone poking my stomach from the inside.  To my surprise, that's exactly what it was!  Tap, tap, tap.....just three little nudges and I knew it was little Moen making their presence known (hey, mom, I'm really in here)!!  I took the afternoon off that day to enjoy the weather, meet some friends and watch the crazy parade downtown.  While weaving through the bright green, cheerful crowd, my phone rang.  My heart sank when I saw that it was my Dr's office.  Fortunately, the nurse was simply calling to let me know that my AFP blood work had come back "normal!!"  A weight was instantly lifted from our shoulders.  Our little one was going to be healthy.

No comments: