Wednesday, July 8, 2009

33 and a half weeks

Time seems to have flown by these last few months.  We've been incredibly busy, saying goodbye, moving and getting settled, but we're officially St. Louis residents now.  We've been here 3 nights and are starting to feel somewhat settled.  With the help of some awesome local friends, we've had a home-cooked meal and great company each night this week.  Today our cable and internet should be hooked up (we've been regulars at the local coffee shops the past few days, using their internet).  We've unpacked the kitchen, our closets and even ordered a new couch that should arrive today.  Things are starting to come together, though boxes still clutter the halls and most rooms, it's starting to feel more and more like home.  We're looking forward to walking to the Maplewood farmers market this afternoon and attending a local art festival in downtown Maplewood this Friday.  Saturday we'll be back in Columbia for our final baby shower (girls shower - I can't wait to see everyone).  Then, we're back here for more unpacking....

I can't believe I'm almost 34 weeks (sorry, still no digital camera)!  Overall, I'm still feeling great!  My stomach is still getting bigger, my belly button is almost completely flat and the little one is getting much stronger.  It's amazing to sit and watch my entire stomach contort and wiggle under my skin, almost alien-like.  Good news - I've found a new local doctor and I'm looking forward to my first appointment with her next Thursday.  At my last appointment in Lawrence we found out that the little one is breech (bottom down, head up - not so good for delivery), so I'm anxious to hear the new doctors plans to flip the little thing.  Pregnancy is still treating me well, no stretch marks, itchy skin or even swollen ankles....yet.  At times my hips and lower back ache, which is to be expected, but I've been enjoying the pool and sleeping with numerous pillows between my knees.  Just 6.5 more weeks to go.

So far, so good.  Life in St. Louis is treating us well...and keeping us busy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! Liz told me the news the other day. :) I'm sad that you moved, because I'm pregnant now! Just 10 weeks. I can't believe how great you looked through your whole pregnancy. You are my goal now. :)

Maria (and Gavin of course!)