Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Strangers

This might be one of my favorite parts about being pregnant.  We've heard some pretty funny comments from strangers, so far!  Here are a few:

A small, elderly, Italian woman in line in front of us at the grocery store placed her hand on my belly and in a thick accent said "it will be a girl."  Then turned around and continued about her business.

A man at Home Depot looked at Dr. M, pointed to my belly and said "is this your fault?"  The same man said he predicted the baby would weigh about 30 lbs (!?!).

The guy working at Trader Joe's asked if he could help "the three" of us find anything.

We've had some pretty funny gender guesses too:  "Oh, you're carrying high, it's a girl" or "Wow, you are carrying low, it's a boy."  I've even been asked if I've gained weight in my hips because "that means it's going to be a boy."  Or if I'm craving chocolate, because "that means it will be a girl."

I'll post more as we hear them (you can't make this stuff up!!).


No comments: