Monday, June 20, 2011

One Week!

Baby Harper is one week old today. I can't believe it's been that long already. She's only been home three nights, however. So far, she's an amazing little girl. She sleeps well at night and only fusses to eat or be changed. We also have the NICU to thank for her ability to sleep well through any sort of commotion. She's eating well and becoming more and more alert each day. We saw her pediatrician on Saturday, who said she's looks great. She's already gaining weight, but we're keeping an eye on her jaundice levels. We see him again at the end of this week to double check everything (which I guess is standard considering her stay in the NICU). Overall, she's beautiful and perfect. My mother, Harper and I went on a girls shopping trip yesterday, which she slept through and this morning our new family of 4 took a nice walk to a local park together. I feel like my recovery has gone so much better and faster than it did last time and nursing is going really well. Though I'm still sore in places, I feel great and have been able to get back to a fairly regular routine. Our families took turns staying with us for the past week, but now we're on our own. Thank goodness we have amazing friends who are scheduled to bring us meals for the next few weeks. In fact, Dr. M ran up to work for a few hours and I'm here with both babies. Thank goodness they are both soundly sleeping...which means it's my turn too!

No comments: