Tuesday, June 19, 2012

First Birthday Letter

Dearest Harper,
The past year has been such an amazing adventure and I'm so glad you were here with us for the ride.  You have completed our family, brought us such balance, made me smile every single day and brought SO much joy to all of us.  We feel truly blessed to have you in our lives.  I remember the day you arrived like it was yesterday; so sweet, so calm and so beautiful.  I love watching you learn new things and discover the world around you.  You have grown into such a beautiful little girl.  I love your strawberry blonde hair and the tight little curls at your neck, your amazing blue eyes and contagious smile.  I love your peaceful spirit and zest for life.  My favorite is when I get you up from a nap and you are so excited to see me that you smile, squeal and crawl around your bed.  I love the last nursing of the day when I go into your room before I go to bed and you're asleep; you're so warm and gentle.  Such a good sleeper too!  Your favorite foods right now are cheerios, strawberries and yogurt.  Your brother loves you (he really does) and you think he is the funniest thing in this house!  Your favorite game is "climb on dad" on the floor or couch.  You love your dada (it melts my heart).  I love listening to you babble continuously, in your own language to toys.  I love dressing you up in all the beautiful, girly clothes you have and even putting bows in your curly hair (until you realize they are there and pull them out).  I love your chubby little fingers and all 4 of those goofy little teeth!  You are the most amazing daughter a mom could ask for!  It's been an amazing 12 months with an amazing little girl.  Happy Birthday, baby girl.  
Love, Mom



No comments: