Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday

Today I love...
The chocolate cookies I made with E yesterday; NPR; my sonicare toothbrush; Harper's curls on the back of her head; that Dr. M did all the dishes after dinner tonight; the amazing strawberries we bought today; that I went to the gym even though I didn't want to; Sam Adams Cherry Wheat; the numerous, unsolicited "I love you mama" I get from E; the long chat I had with Mars this morning; that Harper smiles at everyone she sees; that I can think of more things that I love than I don't today; my truly amazing family, whom I love more than they will ever know.   
Today I don't love...
The exhaustingly hot, triple-digit weather; potty-training E; that I still don't feel 100% mentally; I miss my family and friends; that we had McDonald's for lunch today; how easily the kids frustrate Dr. M and I; Dr. M's stinky socks sitting on the couch next to me (that I just noticed); hearing Harper cry when I put her down to sleep; that it rained all around us, but not here today; that a woman asked me "when is your baby due?" a couple weeks ago and I'm still upset about it; that we live so far from our loved ones. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea!
I hope you remember me from running (EZ8) in Lawrence, even though we have not talked in forever. I still check up on you and your family through your blog and have wanted to comment/contact you many times, but because I am lame (and busy, and maybe shy about it!) I have not gotten around to it before now. So, a VERY belated congrats on the birth of Harper and both of your beautiful kiddos! I am no longer coaching (since 2010) and have also had a second baby this past September. Geneva is now 5yrs and Winona almost a year. We recently moved to Orlando and I often feel many of the same feelings that you express in your blog - having two kids, being at home and away from friends/family is so hard! Even though Orlando is still 8hrs plus from where you are, it is a little closer than KS, and I would love it if we might be in touch more and provide support to one another in our similar life circumstance. Like a virtual mommy pen pal or something! :) Hope you are doing well, that you remember me, and that I don't sound like a total loon. Would love to catch up sometime - Shannon (Shannonhodges_12@yahoo.com)

Andrea said...

Shannon!! I totally remember you and was just looking at your FB page the other day...and noticing you had another little one! So glad you took the time to write :) I'll send you and email soon....Andrea