Tuesday, July 9, 2013

7 years!

What?  How is it possible that we've been married for SEVEN years already?!  That means that we've been together for over 11 years.  ELEVEN. Crazy.  In just the past seven years we have lived in 3 states and 4 houses, adopted two dogs, had two children, owned 4 cars, finished 1 PhD and still say "I love you" every day!  What a wild ride it's been, but there's no one I would rather have by my side!  To celebrate this "lucky" anniversary, we got a babysitter (whoot!) and drove to 4 restaurants before actually finding one that was open on a Monday night, in a college town, in the summer.  Sheesh!  It was after 9:00, but we ended up at a local staple, DePalma's Italian Resturant....after a little pasta, wine and dessert, we were home and in bed by 11.  Yep, things sure have changed in 7 years!  My sweet Dr. M did, however, surprise me with a beautiful necklace (going against our "cards only" rule) that I wore out that night.  What a great night!  Here's to many, many more dinners out, babysitters, smiles, hugs (necklaces!) and "I love you"s together!   
"Selfie" by the car :)

No comments: