Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Three looong weeks in June....

I'm so happy the month of June is OVER!  We had some exciting things like our anniversary and H's birthday, but Dr. M was out of the country for work 3 of the 4 weeks (Nova Scotia, Spain, Romania)!  We all missed him.  I totally admire and respect single parents...the hardest job I've ever had is keeping up with two kids under 4.  Good news is that I had some help...Grandma W came to my rescue the last week!  After dealing with H's pinkeye, E throwing up in my bed at 3am, losing my debit card (which I recently found!), locking the kids in the running car (and having to call 911 to get them out), getting them to and from school on time, keeping them fed, dressed and entertained daily and bathed....while trying to keep myself from looking completely homeless and exhausted...Grandma's visit was very welcomed! While keeping up with the kids I also managed to convert H's crib to a toddler bed because she was climbing out and I was concerned for her safety (did I mention that she also cut her two eye teeth during these two weeks too? She was a mess).  I bought a new refrigerator and I sold the old on on craigslist all by myself!!  The old one worked just fine and it's actually a complicated story as to why we 'needed' a new one, but the new one is awesome!  I also managed to strip all the wallpaper off of the guest bathroom AND paint it before Dr. M got home!  Yay ME!  I really can't believe all that I got done in just two weeks...no wonder I'm exhausted!

To stay busy we:

Played in the fountain!

 Grabbed some tasty snacks at Krispy Kreme...

...and FroYo (after the Farmer's Market)

Saw our very FIRST movie at the theater (yay for free summer kids movies)!

Did Friday morning gymnastics (the trampoline!)

 Bought new kid-sized camping chairs!


Grandma W came to visit!!

 Manis and pedis for E and H :)


This is what H was doing instead of napping!  Climbing OUT of her crib, emptying her dresser, taking her diaper off and thinking the whole thing was hilarious...

No comments: