Friday, August 21, 2009


I hope not, but it's possible. We met with our OB today who said I'm still not showing any signs of labor even though my due date is tomorrow, August 22. What's the next step? Well at this point we continue to wait it out next week. I have an appointment with my OB next Friday. If I make it to that appointment, I'm scheduled for all sorts of tests to check the baby's stress levels, water level and size to make sure it's doing okay. If everything comes back "normal" but labor still doesn't start on it's own, we have the induction date of September 1st set (in hopes to have the baby out before 42 weeks, September 5th). So, no matter what, we'll have our little one in less than 2 weeks!!!

My prediction? I think it will come on it's own, but not until later next week - not sure why I think this, just a "feeling" I guess. Dr. M, on the other hand, thinks it's inherited it's mom's sense of time :) and will be late, but come out when it's ready (which, of course it driving him crazy!). So, keep your fingers crossed for a healthy, natural delivery and birth and we'll keep you posted on the progress (or lack thereof).

No comments: