Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Due Date

Well, today is the day we've all been waiting 40 weeks for....the due date. I can't count the number of times I've said "August twenty-second." Well it's 7pm on August 22nd and no baby. Granted there are still 5 hours left in the day, so who knows? Why does everyone panic when I call them lately? No, I'm not in labor....yet!
Overall, it's been a wonderful day! We started off by going down to the Soulard Farmers Market (even had the "famous" tiny doughnuts), bought some amazing produce (eggplant, broccoli, homemade pasta and summer corn). On the way home we stopped by the Hill and ran into Viviano's Italian Market for some of their amazing frozen pizza (sure to come in handy when baby M arrives) and fresh cheese. We got home, unloaded the grocery's and were off again. This time to the Metro stop for my first experience on the train. We took it to a stop near Wash U (that Dr M takes to work every day) and walked through the beautiful neighborhoods to Delmar Street. Did I mention that the weather today was unseasonably wonderful and cool!?! We shopped, had lunch and Fro Yo, of course, then headed back home. Tonight we're looking forward to a fun dinner with some good friends, which after baby M arrives we won't be able to do for some time. So, it's been a great, Due Date so far.....

No comments: