Tuesday, January 4, 2011

16 Months

I feel like I say this each time I make this monthly entry, but I truly can't believe how much E has grown and changed. He's 16 months now and is no longer walking, he's running, everywhere! His new obsession (yes, I mean obsession) is books. He says "book peees, book." We read to him all day (per his demand). Frequently it's the same books over and over again, so we're happy he got some new ones for Christmas. Not only does he turn the pages but he knows the name of almost everything in the book. Really, he's amazing at this game. On a page full of pictures, I can ask him to find the frog or pencil and he points it out every time. He also says all the words for the things he knows, which totally amazes Dr. M and I. He also knows the shapes star and circle and the colors blue and green (he can point them out or tell you each). He's also combining words such as "down please," "snack please" or "more please" - he's so polite. Not only does he point out items in a book, he points them out in real life too. He's so aware of his surroundings these days. He loves going to the store and makes friends with everyone. He talks all the time and is even starting "imaginary play" with his toys (and the dogs), which is so cute! We went to the Magic House on New Year's eve last week. It was so fun seeing the amazement in E's face. He was so excited about everything, the sounds, textures and all the people. He had so much fun and so did Dr. M and I. I hadn't been there since I was a little girl, which brought back a lot of great memories. We still haven't cut his hair yet and his top molars are beginning to come in. He's been doing okay eating most foods, but is still very allergic to all dairy and nuts.

1 comment:

TCRL10 said...

Love the magic house! I remember taking the train there with you for Girl Scouts. I think I still have the button with the photo of my touching the static ball and my hair sticking up.