Tuesday, May 17, 2011

25 days...

According to my pregnancy ticker, I have 25 days left, or about 3 and a half weeks until baby girl arrives. I'v been meaning to take a belly pic for weeks now and post it, but keep forgetting. Everyone told me that that's what happens with your second child when you're busy chasing the first. I remember being pregnant with E and taking a belly picture every Sunday and writing weekly posts. I can't tell you how fast this pregnancy has gone by. We had an ultrasound last week and baby girl (it's still a girl, I had the u/s tech double check) is head down, ready to go and weighing in at about 6 lbs. It was good to see her sweet face again. It's changed from the last time we saw her at 23 weeks, much chubbier. She actually looks cramped in there. I'm feeling well considering how far along I am. My hips are starting to hurt at night and when I walk and I can tell she's dropped because I get pelvic cramps often. I'm seeing my OB every week now. Today was my first weekly exam and I'm not dilated at all so doc seems to think baby girl will be here closer to my due date, as opposed to being early. Last weekend I got all the little girls things unpacked, washed, organized and put away, which feels good. We still need to dig out the pack-n-play and pumpkin seat, however. We met with our Doula yesterday. She's a friend of mine and has offered to assist with the birth. I'm actually looking forward to having her there with me to keep me calm and focused. We still haven't decided on a name, but that seems to be the most popular question we get from family, friends and even strangers. My girl friends threw a shower for baby girl a couple weeks ago. We had a lovely brunch without kids and they were so generous to share so many adorable baby girl things with me. I'm going to miss all of my amazing friends when we move. The reality of the move is starting to sink in. Actually, Dr. M is going down to AL to look at properties this week. I'm confident he will find a great place for the 4 of us and anxious to have that piece of the move taken care of. I feel like everything will fall into place once we've found a home. I've actually been feeling really anxious lately (I hate anxiety). Anxious about the move, packing, having a new baby and leaving all of my friends. I can't express how much I'm going to miss my friends whom I love so much. I'm excited about living in AL, but not the whole moving part. I'm sure we'll look back at this part of our life years from now and comment about how far we've come and that we can't believe we made it through all of this, but the hard part is living through the reality of it all. I know in the end it will only make us stronger. I'm so grateful for our little boy who makes me smile, laugh and feel so loved every day. I can imagine having two will only double that feeling...which I'm looking forward to.

No comments: