Saturday, June 11, 2011

Due Date

So, today is our little girl's due date. There's less than 20 minutes left in the day, so pretty sure her birthday isn't going to be the 11th, like we've been thinking for the past 40 weeks. Today has actually been a great day. My dad and stepmom are in town and took E to the zoo all morning so Dr. M and I could work on packing - I feel like I got a ton accomplished, which is a great feeling. We all relaxed while E slept and when he woke up from his nap we all walked to the nearby brewery for a snack, as an attempt to get labor started. When we got home Dr. M started dinner and my dad put E to sleep, while I sipped a glass of raspberry leaf tea (another attempt to get labor going). Dr. M made an amazing summer dinner for all of us and we even got to enjoy it on the back patio in the beautiful cool weather. With all the activity today, my ankles were a little swollen, so I decided to come in and relax in a nice peaceful bath. As I type this, everyone is still on the back patio (on their 3rd bottle of wine) and I'm relaxing with my feet up in bed. I'm exhausted. Dad and Chris leave tomorrow, but Dr. M's mom will be arriving in the afternoon. I feel so much relief knowing family will be here to watch E during this unpredictable time. It has been a wonderful day....we'll see what the night has in store for us.

Did I mention that yesterday was our 5 year wedding anniversary? It's amazing to think of what we've accomplished in just 5 years. I feel like we've grown so much, as individuals and as a couple. I'm so proud of us and the family we've created together. I know we'll go through a lot in our life together, but glad we'll have each other. Thanks to my Dad and Chris being here we were able to go out for an early dinner and even a movie to celebrate last night.

No comments: