Friday, October 14, 2011

Four Months!

Little Miss Harper is 4 months old.  That means it's been almost three months since we moved down here, which I can't believe.  She's changed sooo much in just the last month.  She's holding her head up well and loves to sit on my lap and watch her brother and the dogs.  She smiles at everyone (even the mean nurse that gave her shots today).  She squeals in excitement and loves to babble at her toys and grabs her toes.  She's actually growing some hair (still light and blonde).  Her eyes are still a beautiful, bright blue.  The biggest change, I think, is that she can roll from her back to her tummy and chooses to sleep that way!  Speaking of which, she sleeps great!  Seriously, this girl loves her beauty rest.  She sleeps about 10-12 hours at night and takes two long naps.  I've been working on this.  I scheduled her second nap to be when E sleeps, so I can get some alone time (woo hoo!).  She has also become quite fond her of her fingers.  In fact she sucks on them (mainly the middle two) all the time.  This is bittersweet for me.  It's nice because she can soothe herself back to sleep and in the car when I can't reach a pacifier...but I'm worried about not being able to take a finger away when she's older like we can a pacifier.  Oh well, we sucked our thumbs and turned out just fine.  She's been on her reflux meds for about two months now and is doing great.  I still hear the reflux, but it doesn't seem to bother her.  She's  nursing great and we're still using cloth diapers!  Overall, she's a sweet, happy baby.  She's growing and developing perfectly (though the doc seemed to think she's not gaining enough weight...but I'm not going to worry about that right now because she seems perfect to me)!!

4 Month stats:
Weight - 11 lbs 14 oz (15%)
Length - 24 1/4 in (40%)


No comments: