Monday, October 17, 2011

Love/Don't Love

Today, I don't love...

- My post-baby body
- My hair that I haven't cut since before H was conceived (yes, I'm serious)
- That H's pediatrician hasn't called me back yet
- The anxiety I feel about her last appointment
- My feeling of anxiety, in general
- That groceries are so expensive
- The cockroach I found running around in the dog food bin this morning (yuck!)
- That I forgot to make coffee this morning
- That I accidently erased ALL of our recordings on our DVR last night
- That it was easier for me to think of the things I "don't love" about today rather than the things that I "do love"

Today, I love...

- That E didn't even shed a tear when I dropped him off at school
- That Dancing With the Stars is on tonight
- The beautiful, brisk fall weather this morning and being able to wear a light jacket
- That I'm excited about the new soup I'm going to make for dinner tonight
- All the stares and comments I get when I wear H in my sling
- How E runs up to me and hugs my knees when I pick him up from school
- That H finally had a dirty diaper after 2 days without (only a mom will understand this one)
- That Dr. M said I looked "cute" this morning
- The motivation I feel to eat better and run again
- The time I have to myself, while both babies take a long afternoon nap
- Hearing H giggle at me
- Breastfeeding
- My babies more than I will ever be able to express

I love how actually typing this out gives me such perspective on my day.  I ran across this idea on a blog that I really enjoy reading and it inspired me to give it a try.  I'm glad I did.  I suggest trying it and see what you come up with....

No comments: