Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Birthday and New Year!

I had a wonderful 34th birthday.  Really, it was perfect!  I had no expectations (which is good with two young children).  I actually slept in a little and when I got up Dr. M had both kids up, made my coffee and had gifts and cards waiting, which E was very eager for me to open (he's been obsessed with gifts since Christmas).  Dr. M and E also made a yummy breakfast  for everyone and we all got ready to go to the park.  It was an unseasonably, beautiful and warm day (73 degrees) so all 4 of us went for a stroll by the river and then to lunch downtown.  During afternoon nap I decided to take some of my birthday money and go shopping for a few hours alone.  I love getting the good after Christmas deals on things and spending two hours shopping alone is priceless!  When I got home Dr. M had made a cake and even had more gifts waiting.  That night we put the little ones to bed early and Dr. M made a spacial dinner for me, candle and champagne included!  We had more cake and snuggled down to watch a movie and even made it until midnight!  
New years day we took advantage of the nice weather and got the whole family (dogs too) out for a stroll at the arboretum.  Though a little windy, the weather was beautiful.  That afternoon I made the traditional black eyed peas and cornbread and that evening we watched another movie.
The perfect way to end 2011 and a great way to start 2012!!  It's amazing to think back over the past year and think about all the places we've been and things we've done and can't help but wonder what 2012 has in store for us....bring it on!

Birthday morning with my babies!

Happy girl enjoying a stroll in the beautiful weather.

E enjoying the river with "Dada"....

...and "Mama."

 So much going on in this picture.  E with frosting on his lips, trying to blow out the candle on my cake that's not lit, the cranky baby in the bouncer, the beer, the stockings, the presents, the cake.....welcome to our life.

Collecting sticks (as usual) at the arboretum on New Year's Day. 
 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

No comments: