Wednesday, January 18, 2012

ROLL TIDE!

The University of Alabama won it's 14th National Championship on Monday, January 9th, 2012 against LSU - 21-0 for the 2011 college football season....and E, H and I were here in Tuscaloosa to watch it!  Dr. M was on the west coast for work, so the kids and I put on our crimson and houndstooth for the first half of the game (before bedtime).  Though I have to admit that I didn't catch much of the first half, I did see the whole second half after the little ones were asleep.  I know Dr. M would have loved to be in Tuscaloosa with us to see the game and feel the excitement in the city and even hear the fireworks in our neighborhood after the game.  This Saturday is the community celebration at the stadium, but I'm not sure we'll make it as it falls right during nap time, but we'll be cheering the on from home.  Roll tide roll! 


Wherever we move next be sure to bet on the local team to win a national title because that's been the case for us in the last three cities we've lived in (Jayhawks, Cardinals and now the Tide)!

No comments: