Friday, April 5, 2013

21 Months

This little girl is growing up too fast!  I love hearing her little voice and sweet laugh.  She's quite possibly the cutest thing I have ever laid eyes on (yes, I'm a little biased).  Her sweet little blonde curls, gap in her front teeth and deep blue eyes just melt my heart.  She might be "tiny" or "petite" but she sure has a huge heart.  Along with being beautiful, she's a smart little thing too!  She knows all her body parts (even her elbow!) and is very good at listening and following directions.  She's a little hard to understand vocally, but tires SO hard to communicate with us (she points to her teeth when she's hungry for example and says "nak" snack).  Her speech is becoming more and more clear.  I love how she says "eh-ya-goh" (here ya go), "okay", "bubba", "yay", "blah" (blankie), "key-key" (pink kitty), "wing" (swing) and, of course, "mama."  She has other words, but these are just some of my faves.  The other day she actually said "shoe? go ahside, wing?"  So sweet.  
Unfortunately, we're still dealing with doctors and the never ending battle of her petite size and her health (she was 20 lbs 4 oz at the visit). Strangers and friends constantly mention how small or "petite" she is...which is hard for me, I don't know why.  I guess I have mom-guilt about the whole thing and think that she's small somehow because I'm responsible for feeding her...I know that's not the truth, but I can't help but take it personally when people call her little (I'm still nursing her 4-5 times/day).  At the start of this month (March 8th) we met with a pediatric Gastroenterologist (GI) doctor at Children's Hospital in Birmingham.  The meeting was simply a consultation to discuss her weight/growth issues, her medication, her reflux and our next steps.  We also met with a nutritionist (who said that feeding her ice cream 4 meals a day was fine! Which is her current fave!). The doctor recommended an upper GI x-ray and follow-up exam (which are both at the end of next week) to figure out what's going on in her little tummy.  I'll keep you posted.  As of now, she seems to be doing fine on her meds and things appear to be under control.  Keep you fingers crossed....

Stinker!  Waiting for the doctor...


No comments: