Sunday, February 13, 2011

Baby GIRL!

I think I'm still in shock. We found out Friday morning that we're having a little GIRL this spring. I thought for sure it was going to be another boy. Despite my deep inner thoughts of "maybe it is a girl" I listened to what others said about pregnancy wives-tales, based on symptoms that pointed toward a boy. For example, this pregnancy has been exactly like the one with E, maybe easier, I wasn't sick for as long and basically feel great. So, everyone told me that since I felt the same, it was going to be another boy (even my OB predicted a boy!). I have been having headaches, which some say is a sign of a girl, but haven't been craving chocolate or sweets, which is said to also predict a girl. It's so funny to see what people predict. This was probably my favorite part of not finding out what we were having with E. My intuition was always boy with him, and it turns out I was right, but this time around, I was all wrong. The bottom line is you never know. I'm glad we decided to find out this time though. It's exciting to call the movement in my belly "her" or think of names. Though I'm not the most girly girl, I am excited about all the pink and cute girls clothes, which I know the grandparents have already been shopping for. This will be the first girl/boy combo of kids in my side of the family in three generations. It will actually be the first girl in decades. As you can imagine, everyone is super excited. I can't wait to meet her this spring and see her sweet little face. She's already so loved and will be a perfect fit into our family. Overall, she looks perfectly healthy and my pregnancy is going great! I'm considered low risk, by my doc and we think she'll be here in June, around our 5 year wedding anniversary (the 10th).

I love this one of her hiding behind her little hands.

Sweet little face

Perfect little profile


No comments: