Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentine's Day

The day before Valentine's Day, Dr. M and I were like "is Valentine's Day tomorrow or the next day?"  Needless to say we've been busy lately and perhaps needed a little holiday to focus on the love we all share.  V Day was on a Thursday this year...it started out like any other week.  The kids and I ran by the grocery store to grab some snacks on our way to the La Leche League meeting where we played and chatted with our friends and got home just in time for lunch.  As I was preparing lunch, I realized that I didn't have my phone!  Moment of panic.  I grabbed some snacks, loaded the kids back into the car and we re-traced our steps...first the LLL meeting (no phone) and then the grocery store...   Apparently I had left it in the cart, in the parking lot and a (very nice!) store employee found it and turned it into customer service.  I was SO thankful!  While everyone napped, I started dinner...homemade corn chowder (a surprise for Dr. M).  I told him that I would cook dinner if he took care of dessert.  He surprised me with homemade bread pudding and whisky sauce.  Ah-mazing!  We exchanged cards and spent the evening snuggled on the couch...eating, relaxing and talking....simple.


The kids enjoying a care package from Grandma K (and Grandma M)!  E used the stickers to make a Valentine for school.

Sibling love on Valentine's Day morning (still in our Jammies).

No comments: