Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Craftastic!

I've been getting crafty!  A friend of mine and I decided to take a little leap and rent a booth at a local craft market.  We are both crafty ladies and had all sorts of different things that we wanted to sell.  We signed a lease (6 month min) and pay a monthly rent.  The store keeps just 10% of what we sell, so overall, it's a pretty good deal.  We've also had all sorts of opportunities to sell our stuff at local holiday craft markets (we haven't done this yet, but may this weekend).  I made terrariums, granite cheese boards, wire art, hanging lanterns, felt mustaches, felt bats, football festive bunting and fabric flowers.  Random, I know, but I had fun coming up with all the stuff to sell.  So far, I think I've only sold a plant (to my partner), but hope that as the holidays get closer we'll sell more...  We'll see.  Right now, it's just for fun!




No comments: